Friday, April 20, 2012

rascal flatts: changed, my review…

It’s been a long time since I’ve received a new CD to review, but when I was contacted about reviewing the newly released “Changed” album by Rascal Flatts, I was more than happy to accept. 

Rascal-Flatts-Changed-300x300

I’ve been a fan of country music since I was a little girl, riding in my daddy’s truck, listening to his 8-track tapes, lol.  I don’t listen to a lot of music these days – and I am, by no means, a guru when it comes to the topic – but I can tell you what I like and what I don’t like.  And when it comes to “Changed,” I like. :)

The CD arrived on a Friday afternoon after Meagan came home from school, so we popped it in the dvd player (yes, the one hooked up to the tv – ‘cause that’s how we listen to our music around here, if it’s not on the computer or an ipod).  We turned it up – and we cleaned the house as we listened.

There are some up-beat faster tempo songs…and plenty of “ballad-y” songs…all in all, it’s a good mix.  My favorite line on the entire album is in “let it hurt,” and it says "Sometimes the only way around it is to let love do its work."

Anyway, if you are a country music fan, you’ve probably already heard some of the singles on the radio – and the album is worth investing in.  You can listen to samples of all the songs HERE.

If you take time to listen to the samples (or the entire album), I’d love to hear what you think.  And if you like it, I’d love to hear what other recommendations you might have. :)

**This CD was provided to me for purposes of review by One2One Network.  The opinions are mine.**

2 comments:

  1. We are big Rascal Flatt fans here. :) I don't have the new CD, but I do have at least 3 of their others. I listened to plenty of 8 tracks and 33 LP's with my family as a kid too... lots of Waylan and Willie (my father's fave), Alabama, Kenny Rogers and Dolly (my mother listened to her).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Rascal Flatts! They put on an amazing show!

    ReplyDelete