Friday, August 26, 2011

fabrique friday…

Hello Slice Fabrique Fans!  I just wanted to share a quick little tip today.  Someone recently asked me if I had any tips to share regarding “getting the most out of your fabric” when you’re cutting with the Slice Fabrique.  It’s easy to just plop down your Slice and start cutting, without thinking of conserving fabric.  But with a little bit of thought and a teeny bit of planning, you’ll be able to make the most of each and every piece of fabric – allowing for lots of cuts, and less waste. 

The key is to start in the corner of your fabric piece, then use the guides on the Slice AND on the cutting mat to line up your next cut.  You want to make each cut as close as possible to the previous cut, without running them in to each other. 

I was going to take some pictures of the process, but then I found this video Jenny made and shared about the same concept.  I think the video is much easier to follow than a series of photos – so I’m sharing it here today.  Now, her video shows you how to get the most of your PAPER – but the overall concept is the same.  Just pretend she has a 12x12 piece of fabric on her cutting mat…and every time she says the word “paper,” just substitute the word “fabric” in your mind…it works the same way!

Good luck getting the most out of your fabric!  If you have any questions, please let me know!

Remember to check out the Slice Fabrique page on Facebook as well as the Slice Fabrique Website & Blog for lots of useful tips, and fun project ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment