Tuesday, June 15, 2010

please vote for casey...

Hey everyone...just wanted to ask a quick favor.  I have a very talented cousin named Casey.  Actually, he's my cousin's son.  After he graduated from high school last year, he traveled all the way across the country to play basketball in Virginia.  He's good. So good, in fact, that's he's been nominated as Male Rookie of the Year.  For whatever reason, the winner is chosen by votes...so, if you feel so inclined, and would like to help Casey win, please click on THIS LINK and vote for Casey Nye. (it's on the bottom right hand corner of the page) thank you!  :o)  

EDITED TO ADD:

I just got some more information from my aunt and wanted to add it here.  She said:

"He worked hard all last year and made varsity as a freshman.  He sprained both of his ankles, one pretty bad.  He is going to have surgery on both of them - one next monday and the other three weeks later. The surgery is to tighten them up. He loves Basketball.  The voting ends Friday."

SO....here's what I decided to do. Just for fun.  First, go here and vote for Casey, then come back here and leave a comment telling me that you voted for him.  If Casey wins, I'll choose a random winner (or two) to receive something fun in the mail from me.  Of course, I will send you something fun and scrappy!  I'd love for Casey to be able to have the bragging rights...especially while he recovers from his surgery next week.  Go vote!! :o)

25 comments:

  1. Good luck Casey, I have voted.
    Raewyn (New Zealand)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Casey's in the lead with 52% after my vote. Best of luck Casey with both the surgery and the award!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I voted, and he is still in the lead! Go Casey : )

    JenR

    ReplyDelete
  4. Done. Glad to help out. Good luck to Casey and hope his surgery goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Luck Casey! Will be praying for a fast recovery from your surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Voted! Happy to support family anyway I can! :)
    -Karli

    ReplyDelete
  7. I voted and he's neck and neck with Tyler now
    @ 49 %

    ReplyDelete
  8. I voted and he is running a little behind at this point. Hope he wins!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I voted and now I'm wishing Casey well in the running and with his surgery - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Go Casey!!! May you have a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I voted, he's not winning just yet but he's not too far behind! Good luck Casey!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I voted. Good Luck, Casey! Hope your recovery from surgery goes well. Thanks!
    ajschwuchow@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Actually, I voted for Casey before you edited this post. I was interested in the outcome because my daughter went to Southern Virginia. Hope Casey does well with his surgeries.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I voted for Casey and he's looking good. He must be a very accomplished young man to get nominated for Rookie of the Year. I wish him the best with his recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck to your cousin's son! I voted for Casey.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I went and voted for Casey, hoping all goes well with his surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Voted too but he needs more votes! He´s just second at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I voted! Go Casey - woot woot, and speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am a friend of Kaye and I voted for Casey. I hope he wins!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I voted for Casey. Hope his surgeries go well.

    ReplyDelete
  21. From a very proud mom, thanks to everyone who voted for my son. He is a great kid and we are very excited for him. Thanks Wendy for all the support.

    ReplyDelete